The “Dorothy” Award was named for Dorothy Hutchinson, former executive secretary/treasurer and charter member of RPMDA. During her too-brief life, she epitomized the finest that our industry has to offer, and had in abundance the attributes that print music dealers and publishers all aspire to. Dorothy served her community and music education, she was an active participant in promoting good dealer/publisher relations, and was an ethical businessperson who generously shared information with her fellow dealers. Her examples of hard work and high standards make the “Dorothy” Award RPMDA’s highest honor.
- A lifetime of service to friends and family, community, and the print music industry.
- Promotion of ethical business standards and policies.
- Setting high standards for customer relations and service, as well as dealer/publisher relations.
- Personal integrity.
- The encouragement and support of music education.
- Innovation in business, with a vision for the future.
2019 Dorothy Award Honoree
Lori Supinie, Senseney Music
RPMDA/Sandy Feldstein Service Award
The RPMDA Service Award was established to recognize the unselfish efforts of an individual or individuals who actively devote time and energy to the organization voluntarily ‐‐ and who in no way expect payment or recognition for their efforts. In 2008 the award was renamed in memory of Sandy Feldstein, one of the finest advocates for music, music‐making, and music education that the print music industry has ever known. The award is now known as the Sandy Feldstein Service Award.
The criteria for this award include the following:
- The recipient must be a non‐board member
- They must be a member who continually serves the RPMDA membership
- They must have served the organization for at least three years
- The recipient(s) is chosen by the board
2019 Sandy Feldstein Service Award Honoree
Christie Smith, Alfred Music
RPMDA/Don Eubanks Publisher Representative Award
The Don Eubanks Award was established to honor an Associate Member Sales Representative for excellence and outstanding service to RPMDA Dealer members, as well as to commemorate founding member & Dorothy Award winner Don Eubanks, one of the most loyal and staunchest supporters of our organization. Throughout his music industry tenure, Don cultivated lasting friendships with many Publishers’ Sales Representatives, knowing that their relationship with each other would be one of the most important assets he could have, both personally and in business. Candidates are nominated by the membership and the honoree is selected by a committee of three Retail Members.
The Award Committee considers the following criteria in selecting the award winner:
- Provides excellent customer service on a consistent basis
- Demonstrates knowledge of his/her customers’ accounts, and understands and appreciates the philosophy and mission of the stores he/she serves
- Offers marketing resources and creative retailing solutions to his/her customers
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the catalog he/she represents
- Demonstrates unique, outstanding and/or highly successful methods of salesmanship
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to RPMDA, his/her employer and retail customers
Tim Cose, Hal Leonard
2019 Don Eubanks Publisher Representative Honoree