RPMDA’s “Dorothy” Award, is named for Dorothy Hutchinson, former executive secretary/treasurer and charter member of RPMDA. During her too-brief life, she epitomized the finest that our industry has to offer. Dorothy served her community and music education, she was an active participant in promoting good dealer/publisher relations, and was an ethical businessperson who generously shared information with her fellow dealers. Her example of hard work and high standards make the “Dorothy” Award RPMDA’s highest honor.
Past winners of the “Dorothy” include: Jim & Eric Strouse of Stanton’s Sheet Music; Harold, Betty & Richard Gore of Pender’s Music Co.; Don Eubanks of Hutchins & Rea Music; Geoff Lorenz of The Lorenz Corporation; Denny Senseney of Senseney Music; Bob Kohl of Long & McQuade Musical Instruments; Ron Manus of Alfred Music; and most recently, Madeleine Crouch of Madeleine Crouch & Company.
If you would like to nominate someone in our print music industry, either a dealer or commercial member, for this prestigious award, submit a short nominating essay (300-500 words) to RPMDA headquarters by March 18, 2019. Keep these factors in mind when describing your nominee’s qualifications:
- A lifetime of service to friends and family, community, and the print music industry
- Promotion of ethical business standards and policies.
- Setting high standards for customer relations and service, as well as dealer/publisher relations.
- Personal integrity
- The encouragement and support of music education
- Innovation in business, with a vision for the future.
Send your nomination BY MARCH 18, 2019 to:
RPMDA “Dorothy” Award
or email to email@example.com