by Mike Watson, Remenyi Music
Last month, your RPMDA board met in San Diego to lay the groundwork for our upcoming 43rd annual convention (May 1-4, 2019). Amidst the beautiful Southern Californian climate and with a host property fronting directly onto Mission Bay, we’ll have plenty of outdoor space to enjoy at our convention next spring. And while we have some killer social events and offsite excursions that will be announced over the coming weeks, the RPMDA convention has long been defined by its diverse session offering and the enormous amount of content that attendees receive over three days.
Next year, we’re excited to offer a mix of all-new topics as well as deeper dives into some of the perennial challenges of our industry. Some of the sessions we’re now planning include:
• State of the Industry: plotting trends in the music products industry – where does print fit in?
• Update on ESSA: how both publishers and retailers can fine-tune their advocacy efforts and ensure your local school district is getting its fair share of funding
• Spotlight on Social Media: hands-on breakout sessions will equip you with everything you need to amp-up your marketing
• Recent Changes in Tax Law: what it means to music retail and what you need to know to take advantage of the changes
• Maximizing Events for Success: tried & true techniques from the industry’s best to make the most of your in-store events
• Copyright Fair Use: an in-depth breakdown of this complicated topic and what it means for your customers
• Boutique Your Print Department: creating a specialty print & giftware department within your store
• Best Ideas: our annual roundup of success stories from your fellow members
• …and more!
Of course, our re-tooled Sponsor Power Hours will return in 2019, offering publishers & retailers the best opportunity to network, discuss and collaborate. A truly unique environment, the RPMDA convention is a non-competitive setting where members discuss their concerns, share their successes and plan for the future of our industry. Discover why so many of our attendees return year after year.
Save the date…registration opens in early 2019!
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
San Diego, CA