Apply now for the 2018 Scholarship to the RPMDA Convention in Minneapolis! Deadline is Friday, March 8, 2019.
This annual award has been established by the Retail Print Music Dealers Association to encourage individuals working for print music retailers to further their education and professional development by attending the annual RPMDA convention. The award recognizes the career of Ed Adams, an independent sales representative, and his dedicated service to the print music industry. For more information and an application, download this document (pdf format).
Eligibility Requirements for the Applicant
1. Must be an employee currently working for an RPMDA dealer member in good standing.
2. The employee must have worked a minimum of 400 hours in the print music industry before submitting a scholarship award application.
3. The applicant should exhibit a strong desire to continue to work in the print music industry.
4. The applicant should be a first-time attendee at the RPMDA convention.
5. The applicant must be under the age of 40.
6. The applicant may not have received this award previously.
1. An RPMDA dealer member company must endorse and sponsor the applicant by underwriting travel and related costs to send the recipient to the annual RPMDA convention.
2. The sponsoring RPMDA dealer member company must have been a member in good standing for at least two consecutive years as of May 1st of the award year.
3. Submission of the Employment Verification Form that must accompany the applicant’s Scholarship Award Application.
1. The award application is available from RPMDA’s headquarters office and/or website.
2. The application must be received at RPMDA headquarters by March 1st for consideration.The recipient, if chosen, will be notified by March 15th.
3. Scholarship recipients will be selected by a scholarship committee appointed by the RPMDA immediate past president.
Applicants must submit the following:
1. A completed RPMDA/Ed Adams Scholarship Award application.
2. A completed Employment Verification Form from the sponsoring RPMDA member company.
The Retail Print Music Dealers Association does not discriminate in the award of this scholarship. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, physical disability, marital or veteran status, or any legally protected status.
1. The award is a full registration to the RPMDA annual convention allowing the recipient to further his or her industry knowledge through educational seminars offered during the convention.
2. The RPMDA Scholarship Committee will select and notify the winner(s) at least 45 days ahead of the annual convention.